Synology Router Login and Installation
Synology has introduced high-speed routers to get rid of low-quality internet connection at your place. Imagine you are in the middle of important work and suddenly you face a drop of quality in a network, this can cause a big problem. Therefore, to save you from such a situation Synology provides its high-range and speed wireless routers. After completing the Synology router setup, you can enjoy all the advanced features and settings like- frequency, speed, range, firmware, parental control and security. The latest wireless technology included in the device ensures fast and reliable Wi-Fi connectivity.
It has a long list of advanced and basic features. In order to access those features, one must configure router settings. You must sign into the it to complete the installation and configuration. The login can be a bit confusing and frustrating therefore; we are here to provide you with vpn Synology setup guide. We will give you details on Synology ip address default and default password for login process. Along with this, you can also get necessary steps for Synology Router setup vpn. Through this website, we will try to resolve all your queries related to setup and also how to reset your router.
What is router.synology.com?
Usually, your devcie comes with Synology ip address default http://192.168.1.1.8000 but some routers have web address http://router.synology.com for Synology router login. router.synology.com is default web address which redirects you to the Synology login page. You can use this web address to log into the web management of the router, to begin with Synology nas vpn setup. Then, you have to create the Synology account to get started with the process. If you are looking for the steps for the configuration of your devcie then we will help you with it.
How to Access Synology Router Login Page?
There are a few steps which you need, to perform the Synology router login and to access router settings. The first thing that you need to do is to place your router in an optimal location. Here are a few things which you need to keep in mind while placing your router:
- Make sure you place your router in an elevated shelf that is free from any physical obstructions.
- Place your router near wireless and wired devices. There should be a comparative distance from the wireless devices.
- Keep it away from any source of electrical signal.
initial steps for synology vpn setup
Very often, users are unable to perform Synology router setup by themselves that’s why we are here to provide you some steps for the configuration.
Synology Router Setup Guide
You can check the given below Synology Router setup guide to configure your router using device’s manager.
- Use a wireless device or computer to begin the configuration process.
- Launch an internet browser and perform login on your wireless device.
- For the login process, enter the http://192.168.1.1.8000 in the address field or http://router.synology.com.
- Click on the ‘Start’ button once you get connected.
- You need to enter the default password and username in the required field.
- After login process, you can configure it according to your needs.
Steps For Synology quickConnect Setup VPN
With the VPN server, you can turn your Synology NAS into VPN to allow the users to remotely access resources shared within the local area network of Synology. you can access NAS easily anytime with the help of Synology quickConnect. If you are looking for the help for the Synology nas vpn setup then you follow the steps below.
To enable PPTP VPN server
- Open ‘VPN Server.’ Go to ‘Settings’ and select PPTP.
- Enable PPTP VPN server.
- Enter the specific IP address in the ‘Dynamic IP address’ field.
- Set ‘maximum connection number’ to limit the VPN connection.
- Set ‘MTU’ in order to limit data packet size.
- Click ‘Apply’ to save all the changes.
- You are all done with the VPN setup using Synology quickConnect.
If you are still confused about this process then you can reset Synology router or you can contact us as we can help you with vpn Synology setup guide.
How To Reset Synology Router
In case, you have an issue with Synology login like you forgot the router’s default password or username then you can reset the router to its factory default settings. Here, we are taking the example of Synology rt2600ac to help with the reset process. You can follow the steps to know how to reset Synology rt2600ac router.
- First of all, locate a reset button on the Synology rt2600ac router.
- Now, take a sharp object, press and hold the reset button for a few seconds.
- If you press the ‘Reset’ button for a few seconds, it will reset its username and password.
- The device will be reset to its factory default settings.
- These were the steps to reset Synology rt2600ac router.
With the information provided above, you will find Synology setup steps that are easy to do and within few minutes only. You can face any issue while accessing the settings and if you have technical knowledge, you’ll be able to solve it as soon as possible. But if you don’t have much knowledge you will need the help of tech experts for Synology quickConnect setup. We have a team who are experts with the issues related to your device therefore; you can take their help by getting in touch with them. You need to get connected with our technical team by calling them on their toll-free number.