Complete Synology router setup guide
Synology wireless routers are the most preferred among commercial space owners. While helping them with seamless internet connectivity, they also help avoid bandwidth issues. If you are wondering about the step-by-step process of Synology router setup, this blog is your place to be. You’ll find complete information starting from setting up the devices to configuring the settings online.
- Synology wireless router
- Smartphone/ Computer System
- Network cables
Synology router setup vpn
- To start with, take the network cables/ethernet cables and use them to connect your MODEM and the router. Now, also connect the router to the computer system(if you are using one)
- Connect the DSL communication line to the MODEM.
- Now, attach the power cords and plug them into an electrical outlet. Press the power buttons on the devices if any and wait for the devices to boot up. When the LEDs on the front panel light up, it indicates that the devices are ready to use.
Accessing the Synology router setup wizard
- Now, open the network settings on your computer system or smartphone and connect to the local device network of your Synology wireless router.
- Open a web browser on your system or smartphone and in the address bar type, 192.168.3.1 and press Enter. You can also use the address setup.Synologywireless.com instead of the default IP address.
- You will be directed to the online Synology wireless login page. Enter the username and the password like credentials and proceed with the process. If you find trouble accessing the login page, check if you are using the correct credentials. Also check if there is synology router setup vpn
- The default username and password for Synology wireless login wizard is usually “admin” and “password” respectively. These credentials may also vary according to the Synology router model you own.
Configuring the settings
- From the main home page, click on the Internet menu.
- Select New Connection form the setup wizard and follow the on-screen instructions that appear.
- In some cases, you may get a prompt saying “PPPoE DSL connection detected”. Here, you will be required to enter the DL connection details. Contact your ISP and they may assist you with the same.
- Once you have entered the details, the router device will get configured, and the status of the internet connection will turn Good.
- Now, open the wireless section to configure your Wi-Fi network. Key in the name or the SSID which you want to keep for your network. Also, don’t forget to specify a strong network password. From the network encryption type, select WPA2-PSK or WPA3PSk, whatever is applicable.
- Save the changes and close the Synology router setup page. Disconnect your device from the network and reconnect to it once the setup process is complete.
This step concludes the Synology wireless setup process and you can proceed with accessing seamless internet in and around your home. If you need further information about the synology router setup guide, you can always reach out to the team at our end for help.